front desk associate
Come join the team at Houston’s first and only running studio located in Sawyer Heights. We are currently looking for running and/or fitness enthusiasts to work part time at our Front Desk. This person will welcome runners into the studio and set the tone for a high-energy, ultra-fun experience in a friendly, inclusive, and supportive environment.
Our front desk associates are expected to work 2-3 shifts each week (fixed schedule), plus help cover other shifts as needed. Shift times vary slightly depending on the day but are generally Mon-Fri mornings (4:30-8 AM) and evenings (5-8 PM) and Saturday mornings (6:30-11:30 AM). Associates will be expected to work the days surrounding major holidays.
- Providing exceptional and dependable service to all runners
- Warmly greeting, assisting, and directing runners as they come in
- Ensuring proper runner check-in procedures are followed
- Handling customer-service issues such as new membership inquiries and questions regarding billing and payments
- Keeping front desk area and lobby clean, organized, and clutter-free
- Tracking inventory (i.e. locker room supplies, etc.)
- Following established procedures for processing transactions
- Maintaining product knowledge for retail operations
- Light cleaning of locker rooms, restrooms, and treadmill studio
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Excellent customer-service skills
- Superb communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Patient, friendly, and professional phone and email etiquette
- Basic computer skills (fitness-software experience a plus)
- Photoshop/Illustrator skills a plus but not required
- Social media skills a plus but not required
- One year of customer-service experience in fitness industry preferred
You will be the first person every runner sees and talks to when they come into the studio so, if smiling isn’t your thing, this isn’t the job for you! Our first-time runners should feel welcome, relaxed and prepared for their first class after you greet them and give them a brief orientation. Our regular runners should feel that they are recognized and that our associates are interested in their goals and progress.
You need to show up on time, every time. We expect you to be courteous to EVERYONE — fellow staff and customers. You should take pride in how you communicate–whether in person, by phone, or by email. We are a casual workplace but we aren’t casual about how we represent ourselves to the community.
We like to think of our runners and staff as a “community” and we want it to feel that way. You aren’t just clocking in and clocking out; we want you to feel integrally connected to the business and we want to hear your ideas, suggestions and observations.
Interested? Submit your resume on our careers page.